Visit the Whatcom Museum, the Spark Museum and Mindport Exhibits free through your library.
The Bellingham Public Library has partnered with the Whatcom Museum, the Spark Museum of Electrical Invention and Mindport Exhibits to offer complimentary general admission to each museum.
A Museum Pass allows free entry for up to 4 people, valid for use on the date and at the museum selected when registering. Each family is eligible for a pass for each museum every 60 days.
- Select the available date and museum of your choice from the calendar and enter your information to register. Please note: Beginning January 2024, on each first Friday of the month, the Whatcom Museum will have free admission, extended hours until 9 p.m. and special, free programming so a free pass is no longer necessary on those dates! For more information about the program, click HERE.
- You should receive an email confirmation after registration. Keep this email. It is your pass and is required for entry.
- The first time you register for a pass you will also have to verify your email address.
- For free entry to the selected museum on the specified date, show your confirmation email at the museum front desk. You may either show your phone or tablet with the email open, or show a printed copy.
- If you need to cancel your registration for any reason and have trouble cancelling it yourself online, please contact the Bellingham Public Library at 360-778-7323 as soon as possible, so that another family can register for that date.
- One pass is available each day for each museum. Each pass is good for general admission for up to 4 individuals.
- Each family is limited to 1 pass per 60 days for each museum.
- To cancel your pass, please follow the instructions on the confirmation email.
- Pass is valid on selected date only.
- Pass is valid for the selected museum only.
- Pass covers general admission fee only. Additional program fees are not covered.
- Children must be supervised at all times at the museums.
- Passes are currently available for dates several months in advance. If you find they are full, check back again.
- Whatcom Museum: passes are valid at the Whatcom Museum’s Old City Hall and the Lightcatcher building galleries. Check the Whatcom Museum website for hours, current exhibitions, and other details.
- The Whatcom Museum is currently following safety protocols to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19. Visit the Whatcom Museum’s COVID Response page to learn more.
- Spark Museum: passes are valid for General Admission. Check the Spark Museum website for hours.
- Mindport Exhibits: passes are valid for General Admission. Check the Mindport Exhibits website for hours and other details.
- Masking is encouraged at Mindport, especially when it’s crowded. Surgical masks for children and adults are provided. Visit the Mindport Exhibits website to learn more.